Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Information Overload

There is a lot of garbage on the Internet.
     I try to avoid it.

There is a lot of dumb stuff on the Internet.
     Occasionally humorous.

There is a lot of useless stuff on the Internet.
     I spent more time than I should being entertained by it.

There is a lot of interesting stuff on the Internet.
     I try to follow as much of it as I can.

There is a lot of very useful stuff.
     I don't have nearly enough time for all of it.

Here are a couple of examples of the later category:

The Top 50 Productivity Blogs Of The Year
50 Free Resources That Will Improve Your Writing Skills

I could - and probably will - spend a lot of time looking through these resources, looking for useful information.  But I doubt I will have time to go through all of it, maybe not even close.  And even if I could take it all in, how much could I absorb and apply?

Sometimes I despair of every mastering any subjects because I spent all my time barely scratching the surface of too many different topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment